AEM Guides Author
This course focuses authoring DITA topics.
Adobe Experience Manager Guides (AEM Guides) is the ideal tool for a Component Content Management System (CCMS). A successful CCMS enables us to collaboratively create content, easily access and reuse modular content, and publish content to multiple channels including print, PDF, and websites. AEM Guides was formerly named XML Documentation for Adobe Experience Manager or simply XML Documentation for AEM.
Studying with SmartDoc is the smart choice because we are the only Adobe Certified Instructor (ACI) who has also implemented our own CCMS with AEM Guides. This is a hands-on course where you will experience AEM Guides by creating topics and ditamaps and publishing SmartDoc Student manuals like the ones you see here. Other trainers will show you PowerPoint slides, we will enable you to experience a working CCMS built on AEM Guides.
AEM Guides extends AEM by providing a full suite of visual XML Editing tools. DITA stands for Darwin Information Typing Architecture and is an open standard managed by OASIS, the Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards. The DITA specification enables creation and management of topic-oriented information by defining a set of document types and a set of rules. AEM Guides enables us to easily create and collaborate on DITA assets with easy-to-use WYSIWYG online web editors. You will learn how to create DITA topics in this class.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Organize content into modular components called DITA Topics.
- Use each of the out-of-the-box Topic types including Glossary, Reference, Task, Concept, Ditaval, and Troubleshooting.
- Use Adobe’s visual tools to create topics.
- Understand the XML structure of topics in Source View.
- Create topics in Microsoft Word and upload them to AEM Guides.
- Create topics in XHTML and upload them to AEM Guides.
- Create topics in Adobe InDesign and upload them to AEM Guides.
- Use AEM Tags to organize assets and content.
- Collaborate with other authors to create and edit content.
- Create and participate in online content reviews.
Master Adobe AEM Guides and enable your organization to structure, manage, and optimize your enterprise content. Collaborate with your colleagues to create product manuals, marketing materials, HR policies, regulatory guidelines, research reports, and other types of organizational documentation. Benefit from AEM Guides integration with Adobe Experience Manager and Adobe Creative Cloud to tap into the digital assets your organization already has. For instance, the Adobe XMP metadata in tools like Photoshop (see above) is automatically synchronized with Adobe AEM Guides.