Adobe Experience Manager Guides (AEM Guides) was formerly named XML Documentation for Adobe Experience Manager or simply XML Documentation for AEM. AEM Guides is a suite of Adobe software tools that enable you to create and manage a Component Content Management System or CCMS. A successful CCMS will enable your organization to easily reuse content and collaboratively create and maintain content accuracy and consistency across your organization.
AEM Guides is integrated with AEM Assets. As you see here, technical and marketing illustrations for your CCMS are easily managed in AEM Assets.
AEM Guides extends AEM by providing a full suite of visual XML Editing tools. You will learn how to use these tools to create and edit DITA Topics and DITA Maps in this class. DITA stands for Darwin Information Typing Architecture and is an open standard managed by OASIS, the Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards. The DITA specification enables creation and management of topic-oriented information by defining a set of document types and a set of rules. AEM Guides enables us to easily create and collaborate on DITA assets with easy-to-use WYSIWYG online web editors.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Organize content into granular components called Topics.
- Structure modular topics into Maps.
- Support omnichannel publishing of your content.
- Achieve greater consistency and accuracy across channels.
- Collaborate with other authors to create and edit content.
- Create and participate in online content reviews.
- Tag and structure assets to facilitate Search.
- Install and configure AEM Guides.
- Create and configure AEM Guides users and groups.
- Configure and ingest Microsoft Word and XHTML files into AEM Guides.
- Create a custom DITA-OT file.
- Use a custom DITA-OT file.