AEM Interactive Communications Training
Adobe’s Interactive Communications centralizes and manages the creation, assembly, and delivery of secured, personalized, and interactive correspondences. Organize your communications with this centralized toolset and deliver them across all channels, including print and web.
Interactive Communications is a 2-day, instructor-led course where you will learn to design, create, and publish web and print communications. Adobe’s Interactive Communications centralizes and manages the creation, assembly, and delivery of secured, personalized, and interactive correspondences. Organize and automate your business documents, statements, marketing materials, invoices, and welcome kits. These communications can be synchronized and delivered using two channels: Print and Web.
The Print channel is used to create PDFs and paper communications, while the Web channel is used to deliver online experiences. As a result, your customers get the right communication at the right time in the right way: timely, accurate, convenient, secure, and relevant. As a secondary benefit, your business maximizes the value of customer interactions and minimizes the cost and risk with a process that is streamlined for ease, speed, and productivity.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Design the building blocks including the form data model, document fragments, and multi-channel templates.
- Configure a data source for a RESTful service.
- Create a form data model for the data source.
- Configure the form data model with data model objects, services, relationships, and expressions to automate business rules.
- Generate sample data files to test your form data model and interactive communications.
- Create document fragments including text, list, and conditions.
- Create tables and various charts including bar, pie, and line charts.
- Create XDP templates in AEM Forms Designer for the Print Channel.
- Create Editable templates in AEM for the Web Channel.
- Create an Interactive Communication Document for the Print channel.
- Create an Interactive Communication Document for the Web channel.
- Create an auto-synchronized Interactive Communication for both channels.
- Test your Interactive Communications with the sample data files you created previously.
- Update your Interactive Communications as a frontline employee with the Agent user interface (Agent UI).
- Design the building blocks
- Design the application
- Configure a data source
- Create a form data model
- Create business rules
- Create document fragments
- Create print templates
- Create web templates
- Create print channel and web channel documents
Preview and Publish
- Publish sample print communications
- Publish sample web communications
- Customize with the Agent UI